|ARB Security Solutions is the premier solutions partner for providing SharePoint solutions that target specific compliance and regulatory requirements. The three industries that are our most frequent implementations are:
SharePoint Healthcare Services Consulting
|Consistently evolving regulatory burdens are nothing unfamiliar within the healthcare industry. When architecting collaboration systems that help foster communication and information sharing between knowledge workers, patient care is still the primary concern structured by long obligatory regulations regarding all characteristics of the healthcare industry. HIPAA’s security ruling requires the strongest data protection necessities the industry has encountered. The challenge remains making certain operative and effectual protection of Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) while preserving the maximum level of patient information accessibility for the caregivers.|
Information security and compliance executives in healthcare are confronted with the conundrum of pledging effectual protection of EPHI while preserving high convenience to patient data for those who necessitate it whilst maintaining costs to the least amount. To make matters even more problematical and complex that equivalent information security and compliance executives must supervise compliance to abundant supplementary regulations with similar, overlapping and often ambiguous requirements. The majority of healthcare information security and compliance executives encounter at a minimum:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA – requiring the protection of personal health information
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act, section 404 – SOX 404 – requiring publicly traded companies to protect the integrity of financial reporting data
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations – JCAHO – sets standards for healthcare organizations primarily on the issues of patient care and quality of care
Additionally, depending on the state the organization is positioned, there are laws in over 40 states that entail protection of privacy-related data and notification of anyone potentially impacted by a breach of that data.
Challenging to atlas individual controls back to specific regulatory requirements can be overwhelming using orthodox bottom-up approaches since this habitually leads to irregularity, imprecision and imperfect mappings. The ARB Security Solutions architecture approach tolerates healthcare organizations characterizing their compliance targets using a unique methodology of blending numerous, overlapping regulatory requirements. Dissimilar to any other solution in the market today, ARB Security Solutions uses an open, flexible framework to allow healthcare organizations to determine their precise compliance target and make informed decisions about which controls to implement.
SharePoint Banking & Financial Services Consulting
|In the last few years there have been numerous new federal laws targeting the financial services industry, making financial services an exceedingly regulated sector. A great deal of this legislation is involved with the defense of non-public information (NPI) and personally identifiable information (PII). With chief customer data breaches detailed by the media on an almost daily basis, and with identity theft as the fastest rising financial crime, it is not unforeseen that regulators are centering their concentration on this growing issue, and even additional legislation is perspective.|
Considering these regulations is no trivial subject. The requirements established in these copious laws for defending data habitually have common characteristics and are indistinct. Financial organizations do their best to construe them repeatedly utilizing costly consultants to prime them for audits on a pro-active basis. This can be a haphazard process in various cases resulting in larger scrutiny, fines and penalties from regulators including the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and others. Most financial services information security and compliance executives must deal at a minimum:
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act, section 404 – SOX 404 – requires publicly traded companies to protect the integrity of financial reporting data
- Payment Card Industry – PCI – structures the data security standard of this regulation necessitating continuing risk assessments to guard personal credit card data
- Revised International Capital Framework – Basel II – requires that organizations have a proactive risk management process that includes policies and procedures to reduce operations risk and protect information assets
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority / National Association of Securities Dealers – FINRA /NASD – defines controls related to reviewing, storing and monitoring written and electronic correspondence.
Learn how ARB Security Solutions can help implement SharePoint in regulatory bound organizations today by receiving a free, no obligation quote by filling out the form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]